Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Lamp Project



In November I bought two lamps from a garage sale site on Facebook.  I have had these lamps sitting in my sun room waiting for the day to be made over.   Well inspiration hit when I made those pillow cases a few weeks ago! I decided I was going to paint those lamp bases yellow.    YES....YELLOW!

I started by taping up all the hardware that I didn't want to get painted.
One coat of Kilz white primer (spray paint)
Three coats of Krylon Colormaster spray paint
Then debated: do I buy new shades or try and fix the ones that came with the lamp?  Well I was having so much fun with the spray paint I decided, let's try to paint them.

White spray paint I had left over from another project
I then sanded the lamp bases a little to give them a rustic look that I like and wiped them off.  I then also decided to add some gray ribbon to the top and bottom of the shades with some hot glue.

Final product, what do you think??


No comments:

Post a Comment