Saturday, April 26, 2014

Bathroom Window Redo




For a long time, I've wanted to try and make roman shades.  Well, today I finally got up the courage to take on this project.  I found some great directions thanks to 365 Days to Simplicity!  I followed the directions in her blog almost exactly. 

Here are the small changes I did make:
  • I did change the size to fit my window.  
  • She suggests in her directions to use fabric glue and I didn't have any so I choose to use mod podge.  I ended up going back through some of the slats and using hot glue.  (If I were to do this project again I will probably just use the hot glue.) 

Overall Cost: $9
  • Mini-Blind (owned already)
  • Fabric, $7.00 (with some left over for other projects)
  • Hot Glue (owned already)
  •  Heat n'Bond, about $3.00



No comments:

Post a Comment