Friday, April 18, 2014

DIY EASY Table Runner



Do you remember my DIY Envelope Pillow Cases?  Well during that same shopping trip I found a pattern I liked in the clearance section.  I'm always looking for a good deal!  The fabric was an outdoor fabric: thick and easy to wipe off.  I thought this could make a great table runner.  So I bought 3/4 of a yard to give it a try.

I took the fabric home and measured my table so I could have the length and width I wanted.  17 x 55 inches.  I then folded the long sides 1/2 inch and then folded again and sewed a straight line on each side.  I then repeated those steps for the short sides.  It was done in about 30 minutes...not too bad.  The project cost me $5 and I have a super cute table runner.

The great thing about the outdoor fabric is it was thick enough that it didn't need a fabric for lining AND it's durable enough for two crazy kids!

My family liked it so much I decided to make some for Easter gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment