Saturday, March 29, 2014

Vanilla Ice Cream (Better than Dairy Queen? You be the judge!)




I LOVE ice cream and probably always will.  For 7 years while in high school, college and beyond I worked at Dairy Queen.  When I first started I was told after awhile you will hate ice cream.  Well guess what...they were wrong!

Recently, my wonderful sister and brother in-law bought me the KitchenAid ice cream attachment.  I have to say I don't know why I never got one sooner.  We have made ice cream in it almost ever week since Christmas.

While on a recipe hunt for good ice cream, my co-worker mentioned he had an awesome vanilla ice cream recipe and he generously shared it with me.

Simple Vanilla
Radcliffe's Recipe

2 Large Eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
Seeds of 2 vanilla beans or 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

I chill everything including the mixing bowl before I start:

1. Start up the mixer add the eggs and mix till fluffy
2. Add sugar a bit at time mix until blended.  I add 1/4 of a cup at a time.
3. Pour in cream, milk and vanilla mix until blended
4. Transfer to icecream maker, mix for 25 mins or until it looks like soft serve.
5. Transfer to airtight container lay wax paper on top of ice cream (this will help the top not to form ice crystals)
6. Freeze until solid
 

(Left): After the eggs and sugar were mixed


(Right) In the ice cream maker starting to mix up








 

This ice cream is AWESOME!!  My whole family loves it.  I recently did have some Dairy Queen and I would rather have this any day compared to Dairy Queen.  YUM!  

1 comment: